Water Damaged Phone Repair
Cell Phone Water Damage
We are all aware that Water damage can cause significant problems with your smart phone or tablets internal circuitry in your smart phone or tablet, leaving it inoperable and your information irretrievable. Water and electronics just do not mix
Did you jump in the pool/lake with your phone? Has your phone accidentally dropped in the toilet? or been slobbered on by the dog? Was it left in the rain? or accidentally accidently have a glass of wine spilled on it?
The following steps may save your phone.
Cell Phone Water Damage: Troubleshooting
Safety note: Please do not turn your phone or tablet on or plug it in while it is still wet.
First it’s prudent to remove your phone or tablet from the water as quickly as possible, and then immediately remove the battery, if possible.
The quicker you are able to remove your battery, the better chance you have of saving your phone. Almost all phones and tablets have a white indicator near the battery that will turn pink or red if water has damaged the device.
Next you can try to dry the phone or tablet out and draw as much moisture out of it by submerging the phone in a bowl of rice or other absorbent material overnight.
A few other tips would be
Drying out your device with a vacuum cleaner, be careful though that you don’t hold the vacuum too close.
Try cleaning your electronic device with rubbing alcohol. This will sometimes work if your device has not been exposed to water very long.
Here are some general Do’s and Don’ts.
- Remove the sim card, memory card, and anything else that might be plugged into the device.
- Dry gently with an absorbent towel.
- Don’t push any buttons! This could force water further into the circuits.
- Don’t use the hairdryer on your device as this could push water further into the phone and do even more damage.
- Don’t move the phone more than you have to. It is best to keep the phone still to prevent water from spreading throughout the device.
- Don’t turn the phone on too soon. It is best to wait 24 hours before attempting to turn your phone back on.
Repairing Cell Phones with Water Damage
Of course, you can always bring these phones or tablets into Rob The Phone Doctor as he is the resident expert in all of Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and Lehigh Acres when it comes to water damaged electronics.
No one has been repairing water damaged phones in Fort Myers any longer. Plus Dr. Rob is the recipient of SWFL’s Best Of Readers Choice award for the last 5 years running and would appreciate your vote for year 6.
Rob The Phone Doctor is located at 3916 Cleveland Ave Fort Myers, Florida 33901 and can be reached for a Free Quote by phone at 239-910-0100.